Sydney, Australia (ABN Newswire) - At a time when the financial world seems to be mesmerised by the actions of (and the reactions to) the new Trump Administration in the US, concerned over rises in interest rates and also with renewed and increasing calls for an impending 'US stock market crash', the global economy of at least 4,500m other people seems to be following its own course and is doing just fine.
In fact, the foundations for the Dawes Points Global Boom seem stronger than ever.
Major equity indices around the world are making new all time highs and those in Asia are breaking out upwards after long periods on consolidation.
World steel output is showing encouraging growth and is indicating the Asian Boom is continuing. Australian stocks and the A$ should soon be reflecting all this.
- Global equity markets breaking through major resistance to new all time highs
- China, India, ASEAN, Africa make up 48% of global GDP and growing
- US housing starts robust and housing sector stocks making 11 year highs
- World Feb 17 steel up 4.1% over Feb 16 (+7.8% annualised for 28 days vs 29 in 2016)
- China Feb 17 steel output 798mtpa up 4.6% YoY (+8.1% annualised)
- Rate of change indicators suggesting further steel production growth in 2017
- Non-OECD now exceeds 70% of global steel consumption
- Indian crude steel output exceeds 100mtpa for first time in Jan 17
- Iron ore price still exceeding US$80/t basis 62% Fe CIF
- All Ords targets above 7500 (+30%) by end 2019
- Gold sector BUY recommendation reinforced
Important stocks are:
- BHP Billiton (ASX:BHP)
- Rio Tinto (ASX:RIO)
- Fortescue Metals (ASX:FMG)
- South32 (ASX:S32)
- Northern Star Resources (ASX:NST)
- Western Areas (ASX:WSA)
- Metals X (ASX:MLX)
- Magnetite Mines (ASX:MGT)
To view the full Dawes Point Issue 63, please visit:
About Martin Place Securities:
Martin Place Securities is Australia's Boutique Resources Investment Firm, specialising in emerging mining, resources and energy companies.
MPS was founded in October 2000 to provide a link between Australian resource sector opportunities and investors from major financial centres in Europe, North America and China. We are well known for identifying and financing early stage prospects that develop into successful growth companies.
MPS provides services in Corporate Advisory, Stockbroking, Investment Research and Education.
Martin Place Securities
Barry Dawes, BSc F AusIMM (CP) MSAA Martin Place Securities E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: +61-2-9222-9111