Halifax, December 2, 2020 - Antler Gold Inc. (TSXV: ANTL) ("Antler") is pleased to announce that Reverse Circulation ("RC") exploration drilling has commenced on the Sandamap Shear (W1 Target) on the Erongo Western Project, located in central Namibia. The Phase 1 scout drilling program is designed to test a range of Induced Polarization ("IP") targets occurring over a strike length of approximately 3.5 kilometers (see Antler's news release dated November 18, 2020).
Phase 1 Drilling Program Highlights:
- Approximately 15 RC drill holes, totaling 3,500 meters, are planned for the Sandamap Shear.
- Drill holes are planned as traverses along select IP survey lines.
- Priority targets include Sandamap Shear North, Sandamap Shear Central, and Sandamap Shear South as described in Antler's news release dated November 18, 2020 and below.
- Drill targets have been prioritized according to the strength and depth of the IP anomaly, coincidence with elevated gold‐in‐soil anomalies, historical exploration results, and favourable geological and structural settings.
Phase 2 Drilling Program
An additional 3,500 meters is planned to test the Sandamap East targets where significant IP anomalies are evident at shallow depths. The final targets for this phase of the program will be based on both the IP survey results and results from the geochemical survey recently completed across the exploration area.
Sandamap Shear Target Summary:
- Sandamap Shear North: A 1,000 m long moderate to strong IP anomaly consisting of two zones of elevated chargeability at around 100 m below surface. These coalesce at depth to form a contiguous 1,500 m long, strong IP anomaly. Coincident gold in soil anomalies and high strain shearing are evident at surface.
- Sandamap Shear Central: A 1,400 m long moderate IP anomaly consisting of two parallel targets at depths around 100 m coalescing at depth to merge with Sandamap Shear North. Coincident gold in soil anomalies and high strain shearing are evident at surface.
- Sandamap Shear South: A 800 m long moderate to strong IP anomaly developed approximately 75 m below surface increasing in strength with depth. Coincident high strain shearing and a subtle gold in soil anomaly are evident at surface.
The Sandamap Auriferous Shear Zone ("Sandamap Shear") comprises NNE trending, ESE steeply dipping ferruginous quartz veins, gossan stringers and mylonite rocks that are parallel to and may be associated with the Welwitchia lineament and are on the edge of a D3/D4 late‐Damaran leucogranite dome. The elongated en-echelon highly altered shear zone is hosted by upper amphibolite metamorphic facies meta‐turbidites of the Kuiseb Formation. The depth extent and lateral continuity is not known.
Peter Hollick, BSc. (Hons), is a Consulting Geologist at Remote Exploration Services (Pty) Ltd. and has reviewed and approved the scientific and technical information in this news release. Mr. Hollick is a registered Professional Natural Scientist with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (Pr. Sci. Nat. No. 400113/93) and a Qualified Person for the purposes of National Instrument 43-101.
About Antler Gold Inc.
Antler Gold Inc. (TSXV: ANTL) is a Canadian company, focused on the acquisition and exploration of gold projects in Namibia. Antler's Erongo Gold Project covers areas of the Navachab-Damara Belt, which is highly prospective for gold, and shares geologically similarities to the areas containing the known Namibian Gold mines (QKR's Navachab and B2 Golds' Otjikoto) as well as Osino's recent Twin Hills discovery. Antler's total license position now comprises five licenses (EPL 5455, 6162, 7261, 6550 and 6408) under option and a further five (EPL 7854, 7930, 7960, 8010 and 8042) under application, for a total landholding of approximately 85,341ha (853.41km2). Antler is currently focusing its efforts on advancing its Erongo Gold Project, which is located approximately 130 km north-west of Namibia's capital city Windhoek. Namibia is recognized as one of Africa's most politically stable jurisdictions, with an extremely well-established national infrastructure. The Company continues to assess new in country opportunities and expand its Namibian portfolio.
Further details are available on the Company's website at www.antlergold.com.
This press release may contain forward-looking information, such as statements regarding the completion of the work in Namibia by Antler and future plans and objectives of Antler. This information is based on current expectations and assumptions (including assumptions in connection with the continuance of the applicable company as a going concern and general economic and market conditions) that are subject to significant risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, including risks relating to the ability to satisfy the conditions to completion of the transaction. Actual results may differ materially from results suggested in any forward-looking information. Antler assumes no obligation to update forward-looking information in this release, or to update the reasons why actual results could differ from those reflected in the forward-looking information unless and until required by applicable securities laws. Additional information identifying risks and uncertainties is contained in filings made by Antler with Canadian securities regulators, copies of which are available at www.sedar.com.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
For further information, please contact Daniel Whittaker, President and CEO of Antler Gold Inc., at (902) 488-4700 or Christopher Drysdale, Corporate Development, at +264 81 220-2439
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/69367